Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

2058 Posts in 165 Topics- by 669 Members - Latest Member: harrietpreston

December 17, 2014, 09:05:39 PM
Intuition Games ForumGamesDinowaursFeedbackThe ranking system...
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The ranking system...  (Read 3754 times)
milskidasith
Alpha Squadron - Special Forces
Dinoteen

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2009, 05:05:56 PM »

It's... ugh. Ranking really shouldn't be based on number of wins alone. I wish the ranking system was a "trueskill" ranking system; IE, I get more rank up when I beat a higher ranked opponent, and less with a lower (and lose more to a lower and lose more to a lower). Basically, I want a ranking system where you are rewarded more for going 50-5 than going 100-150.

EDIT:

So, for example: If I play newb, a rank 0, as a rank 5, I get, say, 50 rank points on a win and lose 150 on a loss, and if I play as newb against rank 5, I get 150 rank points on a win and 50 on a loss. There are more detailed equations (that take into account how consistent you are with winning and losing) but that's the basic idea.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 05:07:37 PM by milskidasith » Logged

Yes, I am awesome at dinowaurs, yes, I beat the Intuition staff at their own game on a laggy computer, yes, I have more forum posts than you at Kongregate, yes, I semi-personally know the developers after an interview, yes, I will overtake you in posts soon, but you are still worthwhile. I guess. Tongue
Wuped
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 07:36:16 PM »

It is already, ranking is based on rating(which is ELO) not total wins. The devs can read your mind!
milskidasith
Alpha Squadron - Special Forces
Dinoteen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 07:48:22 PM »

I meant the rank that shows beside your name. Having it just based on wins is stupid.

Yes, I am awesome at dinowaurs, yes, I beat the Intuition staff at their own game on a laggy computer, yes, I have more forum posts than you at Kongregate, yes, I semi-personally know the developers after an interview, yes, I will overtake you in posts soon, but you are still worthwhile. I guess. Tongue
Wuped
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 06:44:06 AM »

I meant the rank that shows beside your name. Having it just based on wins is stupid.
Oh you mean level not rank, whatever no opinion on this.
godatplay
Chairman of Markerboard Doodling
Administrator
Dinosaur

Indie game developer, life-changer, entrepreneur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 08:23:37 AM »

Hey thanks for your feedback, guys.  It's good to know what you're thinking about this.  Wink

/////////////////////////
God at play -- part of Intuition
http://www.godatplay.com
http://twitter.com/godatplay
/////////////////////////
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic