There are some questions floating about on the interface. We will eventually have an in-game tutorial working in Dinowaurs, but for now just get your kicks here.
Thanks to SevereFlame for the image!Gold Bar
The yellow bar in the top left corner displays how much gold you have to purchase/fire weapons. The first long bar is your first 1000 gold, then the gold circles are 1000 gold after that. The red circles represent the amount it would cost(take-away from the gold) if you fired the weapon one time. You'll notice the amount of red circles changes depending on the weapon you have equipped,
this is displayed in the village menu, but that's later in this post.Gold (Dollars/Currency)
This directly correlates to the length of the gold bar, and just assigns a numerical value in case you are more of a numbers thinker. The gold bar and the $ counter show the same information in different ways in case it's easier for you to think about something one way or another. Are you a visual thinker or are you an analytical thinker?Weapon Slots
Just below the gold counter, you'll see two slots that represent the two weapons you have equipped at that time. This can be switched on the field away from a village by hitting the SPACEBAR. The weapon icon you have equipped turns green.Village Menu
- The canon is free.
- To access a village menu, you need to be near a village and press "e".
- You can only buy weapons that you can afford (duh) and that are available at that Tier. see rules
To buy a weapon, click on it once you have enough money. Once bought, you can drag it over to the slot on your dino to the left of the menu screen. Village Menu Weapon Info
You can access further details on each weapon regardless if you can buy it or not. The information is broken down in ratings rather than real values. You can find further information on each weapon in the "[STICKY] Weapon Descriptions" post of this board.
Also, notice the different sections for each tier, if you are at a tier 1 village, the other tier weapons will be grayed out.
- Title, displayed at the top of the hover window, describes the weapon.
- Just below that, the price of purchasing the wapon.
- The target symbol represents the price(and size of the red circles in the gold bar) of firing the weapon each time.
- The arc-arrow symbol shows the range rating of the weapon.
- The stabbed heart shows the damage rating of the weapon.
- Finally to the right of those two ratings, is what the weapon looks like.
The mini-map, seen at the bottom of the screen shows the terrain of the map, where friendly and enemy villages are, your projectiles, and slow-zones (marked with diagonal hash marks.)
Villages will flash red when damaged. Each tier is marked by number of huts, so a tier 1 has 1 main hut, a tier 2 has a big and small hut; finally tier three as 2 small and 1 big hut. This corresponds to the village tier icons in the village menu.