Okay here is my thread where I will throw out everything I have as far as ideas etc are concerned.
Hmm...only thing I can think of currently is:
- Would like to have default level of zoom saved to whatever user wants...that or just make default for everyone the max zoom.
Good idea about the saving. We'll see how feasible it is to save your last zoom level and have it start there next game.
- Would like to have one of two things, either: dino starts with a set of weapons purchased and equipped already at game start OR there is a counterstrike style countdown to allow purchases of starting weapons. This will be more fair for slower loading and slower connections because for my bad latency it takes many milliseconds to equip weapons and switch weapons...usually like half a second for the game to register that I pressed space bar, or clicked on the menu and what not.
Right now, the dino starts with the cannon. Although it doesn't seem to be recognized as being officially equipped. We'll look into that problem.
- Bring the aiming of the meteor gun etc to client side and then send the data to the server...in other words since I have bad lag I can let go of meteor gun on my target but server doesn't register I let go until it has gone like a long ways farther...which sucks.
I'm not sure how safe that is security-wise, but we'll discuss it.
- Perhaps make the tutorial mode not connected to the multiplayer server? Seems wierd to get disconnected from a tutorial lol. Right...that and the fact that my bullets don't shoot until about a second after I let go of them (which is fine in multiplayer cuz its necessary but its a tutorial...)
We'd like to do this eventually, but it's going to take quite a bit of work to make it happen. This will most likely be a post-release feature.
- Make a quickbuy setup or something...it takes me forever to rebuy weapons after I die and I usuall buy the same stuff, so it would be nice to like...create a "predone" config that we can equip and it just auto adds the weapons we want rather than having to waste like 5 seconds dragging them to the tiny little circles and waiting another few seconds for the server to register that and blah blah you get the point
Speaking of that...maybe just take out the drag interface altogether perhaps it would be best to just click the things we want (as if they were checkboxes or something) and then hit an "equip" button.
You can now equip with a simple double-click. That should make things much faster. We'd like to implement hotkeys at some point, too.
- Give jetpack more boost...perhaps allow for longer jumps for more money...like the amount taken scales based on how much charge (still capped obviously) but I think that would be cool. Currently I don't get the point of it. over having other weapons but perhaps that's just my inexperience.
Good point about varying cost of the boost. For now, I can up the boost a little, though.
- Starting cannon is kind of overpowered (so it seems when I use it) I can just lob shots all day and pwn anyone with it because its so cheap. Get close and its like a machine gun. quick clicking cannon > castle any day. (because its so cheap and I can shoot a bunch fast) Perhaps just give it a cooldown or something...that would probably be sufficient. I don't think dmg or range needs to change tho.
I recently took down the damage of the cannon. I'm not sure if you tested before or after that change. Maybe test again and see if it seems better?
- Allow players to "suicide" because ive been caught (AND ive done this to others and in fact make it part of my strategy to try and do this) in a situation where I respawn JUST as they blow up my base so I cannot buy weapons but then the other dino doesn't kill you and instead walks right past you to kill your next building...wtfpwned you lose gg kthxbai.
We'll have to test this out. I'm not sure if it's good or bad yet.